Monday, July 28, 2008

SHAUN GROVES ON THE TYPCIAL BAPTIST

The 'typical baptist' may find this post by christian recording artist Shaun Groves very interesting.

When a Baptist tells me he’s not “typical” I wonder if what he’s really saying is this: I don’t hate gay people or Mickey Mouse or Ellen and that boycott was dumb and unproductive and most of us thought so. I don’t wear a suit on Sunday. I don’t even own one. I don’t think it was a good idea to hold a press conference about the whole “women must submit” thing and it was extra unwise to make such a statement through a middle-aged man. I don’t hate Democrats and I don’t fear evolution. And I didn’t go to a Baptist college and I don’t think 9-11 was God’s wrath against sin and I don’t agree with almost everything else Jerry Falwell ever said. Also, my church doesn’t have a pipe organ and we sing some songs that aren’t in a hymnal and I’m pretty OK with that. And I like beer. I also dance, sometimes, for just a second, in my car, while biting my lip.

hat tip: Gavin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online