Thursday, May 29, 2008

HOW DEEP SHOULD SUNDAY SCHOOL BE?

I've been teaching a young adult Sunday School class for a few months now. The material is pretty deep, and I sometimes wonder if it's too much. But as I begin to ponder the purpose of teaching a Sunday School class, I tend to think it's not deep enough. If all I teach is Jesus Loves You and ask questions where the answer is alwas "God" or "Jesus", that is a disservice. Where are young people who aren't going to seminary going to learn doctrine and theology if not in a Sunday School class? The answer is probably "nowhere", and I don't think that's right. Every Christian is called to learn and grow, and every Christian should be a theologian, regardless of formal training.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online