Thursday, April 10, 2008

ANONYMOUS BLOGGING

If you keep a blog or comment on them, you should read this post.

And so this is my challenge to bloggers and to those who comment on blogs: make yourself accountable through visibility. Commit yourself to purity of heart and to only speaking or writing what is honoring to God. And then ensure that there are people who know you, who read your words, who will lovingly exhort and correct you when you do not keep this commitment. In this way we can honor God and maintain a focus on the gospel of Jesus Christ.

3 Comments:

  1. Gary said...
    Thanks for the link. I've been giving this some thought lately anyway, and "de-anonymizing" may be something I do soon as a result. I guess I've always been bothered that my name on the web allows people to have my phone number and address in a matter of seconds.

    I realize that is true anyway, provided you already know my name, but the thought that a random hit could lead people right to my phone number, and right to my kids, gives me pause.

    That being said, I have some friends who read my blog, and ask me about what I say, and I try to always keep in mind the idea of encouragement when writing.
    Brett said...
    There is a fine line. I try not to put stuff on the blog about the wife and kids. My wife is a little uneasy about it, and certainly doesn't want the kids information on the blog. I refer to them as my wife and kids, but not by their names.
    I know that people can find that out if they want, but I guess that's just part of keeping a blog.
    orthokardia said...
    I totally agree and would like to challenge you and your readers to take the next step and enter into virtual accountability. We strive to "watch over each other in love".
    http://orthokardia.wordpress.com

    bart

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online