Wednesday, March 26, 2008



Ben Stein is the narrator and host of the upcoming movie Expelled: No Thinking Allowed. It opens in theaters April 18th. I have been a fan of R.C. Sproul for several years, and while I don't think he would totally agree with Ben Stein in certain areas, the discussion is very interesting.

I have always tried to stay away from debates about creation and evolution. The reason is because the discussion from both sides is emotional and not always rational. It is very difficult for me to discern what is truth and what is propoganda. I just don't have the time, energy, or the desire, if I'm being honest.

This being said, I did learn a few things during the discussion. In particular was the phrase "Ex nihilo nihil fit", which is Latin for out of nothing, nothing comes. The fact that something came from nothing cannot be explained by science. I also enjoyed the dialog about how chance is purely mathematical and has no power at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online