Thursday, March 06, 2008

Contextualization

Yesterday I attempted to make the case that the Bible is still relevant to our culture today. We should not have to make it relevant. It relates without our help.

I knew that I was missing something, but I could not get it straight in my own mind, and I certainly could not communicate it. I just read this post about contextualization and it makes so much sense to me. What I got out of it is that we don't have to make the Bible relevant to our culture, but we should make it relate to our culture. There could be the possibility of going overboard, but it is almost exactly what I wanted to say yesterday, but just couldn't get it straight in my mind. Please take the time to read the post. It has some great examples.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online