Monday, November 12, 2007



Have you noticed that there are a lot of Christians running for president for 2008? I hope that you are fully aware that I am using the term "Christians, regarding most of them very loosely. Because I am a very aware of the upsides and downsides of our nation and am very political in my opinions, I watch, listen, and analyze political figures with a skeptical eye. In my opinion, there is only one candidate running in this election that I believe to be a devout Christian, and that is the other fellow from the ZIP Code 71801...yep, you guessed it, Hope, Arkansas. That right, Mike Huckabee. He is the only one running on "Faith, Family, & Freedom." I do not intend to turn this post or this blog into a political blog spot, but I do want to use politicians for this post.


Where I want to go with this is to point out how simple it is to proclaim yourself as a Christian, while doing very little to prove that you are. It is time for Christians everywhere to grasp their God-given talents and use them to show the world the awe of God.


Jesus said in Matthew 5:14-16, "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."


He is telling us not to assimilate into societies. Instead, we need to lead societies. We need to lead them to the light by using our own God-given light. Our lights may not necessarily be the same, but God has given each of us a light, a gift, a talent, that we should uniquely use for His glory.


I ask both of you who read this blog to contemplate the gift God has given you and pray for the guidance you will need to use it properly.


God bless you and guide you in all of your endeavors.


-Brian





3 Comments:

  1. Brian said...
    Wow, I am completely goofy. I actually thought I was writing this on my blog. Sorry for adding this here. I did not intend to add my politcal opinions on this blog.

    -Brian
    Brett said...
    I've done that before when I had more than one blog. I will put a link up to your blog.
    John said...
    Amen! We are not supposed to assimiliate, but be agents of transformation.

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online