Sunday, November 04, 2007

Living the Word

It may be my delusional mind, but I am seeing dissension more and more these days. It is as if everyone is suffering from malignant narcissism. It appears that the "Me" generation has come full force and is pushing aside those who are truly trying to live by Christ's standards. Soft morals are leading to soft faith with a twist of Christianity.

A few days ago, I suggested in a comment that an anonymous person read Ezekiel 34. I can honestly say that many of us should read it, because there is so much to be taken from this chapter. When reading it, however, do not think "Shepherds" constitute only church leaders as in ministers and committee members. Shepherds in this passage is used in an inclusive manner. Shepherds are all who have the opportunity to use their faith to guide others to God.

Verses 4-6, speaks of how the leaders were so wrapped up in their own concerns that they neglected their duties to the flock. These few sentences are very similar to what I see today. Everyone seems to be so caught up in their own little plots and conforming to their own little cliques that they fail to see what and who they are neglecting.

We all call ourselves Christians, but how do we prove that we are? Do we prove it by attending our church and participating in various groups? Maybe. I see so much hypocrisy by people proudly proclaim, "I am a Christian...Look at all the good I have done." I see these people staying in their cliques while rolling their eyes at everyone else. I have seen people have said they have "open hearts, open minds, and open doors," in one breath and in the very next disregard someone Else's ideas without even allowing a moment of contemplation.

I believe that most who are so ambiguous to their faith fail to see that we are given the one Spirit which is spoken about in 1 Corinthians 12:12. They may genuinely love others, but until you love others as Christ loves the church, I have to ask, how forthright is you love of Jesus?

So now I wonder how many will read this and agree. How many will read this and know that this could be themselves who are described? Does anyone feel the love that is described in 1 Corinthians 13:4?

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast,
it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily
angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in
evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts,
always hopes, always perseveres.

I find it somewhat odd that we are so quick to be rude and cruel and find it so difficult to say a kind word and mean it. We stay so negative that we forget that we are all here for a common cause. Why do we not work together more? Why can we not embrace other people's ideas? If we call ourselves Christians, should we not at least attempt to live in the manner in which we should?

I challenge everyone who reads this post to make a conscious effort to push aside narcissism and try to live a more righteous life. By leaning on and counting on one another, we can overcome dilemmas in our faith.

May God's graces bless you through your week.

-Brian Moore


1 Comment:

  1. Brett Royal said...
    I love what you wrote. Thanks for the challenge. I need to get a post up just to briefly introduce you to everyone, but not sure when I'll have some time.
    It's great to have you as a SST Team Member!

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online