Monday, September 10, 2007

How Much More

Some have heard me state this many times, but is something that is always in the back of my mind, pushing me forward. You cannot fully appreciate where you are because of Christ unless you first understand where you were. If you bought the latest and greatest suspense novel and immediately turned to the last few pages, would you appreciate it the same as if you read the entire novel? Would it have the same meaning?

I have been criticized by some close to me that I dwell too much on the negative, and not enough on the positive – where I am in Christ. I could not disagree more. In fact, I can appreciate my current position even more by understanding the depths of my own depravity.

Read Romans Chapter 5, and look for the key phrase "how much more."

It's ok to emphasize the negative in order to further emphasize the positive. To simply live in the present as a christian can lead to pride and arrogance. To remember the past leads to humility and meekness.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online