Monday, April 16, 2007

Oklahoma SB714

There is an abortion battle currently underway in the State of Oklahoma. SB714 would ban state-funded abortions in state facilities by state employees except to protect the life
of the mother. Governor Brad Henry must either sign the bill in to law or veto the bill, but is currently undecided. His decision should be announced at any moment. While waiting for his decision, people on both sides have started phone campaigns to the governor's office. I just called in my support of the bill, and it took a very short time. If you live in Oklahoma, please call the governor's office in support of this bill. His office number is 405.521.2342.

8 Comments:

  1. Andy said...
    hey brett
    people can also fax their support to 521-3353 or email Governor Henry at http://www.gov.ok.gov/message
    Anonymous said...
    Urge Governor Henry to Veto SB 714 - NOW!!! The fundamentalist religious right has been inundating the Governor’s Office with phone calls in support of the abortion bill, SB 714. The Office is maintaining a tally of the calls. Everyone opposed to this draconian bill should call the Governor’s Office and simply give your name and that you are opposed to SB 714 and urge the Governor to veto it. No other details are needed. Governor’s Office: (405) 521-2342. Spread the word to everyone you can and urge that they call! Numbers do count here! SB 714 would ban the use of public funds to pay for abortions, except to save the life of the woman. Poor women will have no choice but to carry an unwanted pregnancy to term or self-abort.

    http://www.okimc.org/node/376
    Brett said...
    Those are the fastest comments ever on this blog. I like what I read in an earlier email I received. "Let those who wish abortions to either change their minds, or pay their
    $300 to private abortion clinics."
    Don't give me the nonsense about poor women.
    Anonymous said...
    You are a right wing fanatic living in a fantasy world. You tellin me that u would support abortion at private clinics but not by the state? You are nuts.
    Brett said...
    No I'm not saying that at all. I'm just pointing out that this would not force poor women to self abort. Even if abortions were illegal, there are options besides being forced to self abort.
    Anonymous said...
    I just emailed in my support. I hope it is enough.
    Janyce said...
    I sent in an email. Thanks bret!
    Anonymous said...
    guess your call didnt make a difference. ha ha.

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online