Friday, February 16, 2007

Welcome Exiled Preacher Guy Davies

I would like to welcome Guy Davies as a guest blogger. He currently blogs at Exiled Preacher. I asked him to write a short biography on Saint Augustine as an introduction to those who are not familiar with his teachings. I am very grateful that he will take the time to contribute to this blog. This will go along with my recent post on Pelagius. Once we have the preliminary background on these two men, I will begin to focus on their fierce debate as well as doctrinal differences. We will then look at how this debate affects the modern day church. I am excited to do this series, and I am really looking forward to getting some input from others.
Please check out his blog, and make sure to check back here for Guy's post on Augustine.

3 Comments:

  1. Markus said...
    IS there any proof that Jesus was/is God?
    heather.ariyeh said...
    Hi Markus. Good Question. Personally, I think the best place to start is looking is at Messianic prophecies in the Bible. Some counts report over 450 fulfilled prophecies regarding Christ alone. There is a parable in the Bible that states, "If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead." (Luke 19-31). This is true, for as much as we just want signs, when we get them, we often doubt their origin.

    I am about to go out of town for the weekend, but will prepare some more specific things tomorrow and early next week and post some of the ones that helped me. Please check back for more.

    In the meantime, I have enjoyed Lee Strobel's "Case for Faith" and "Case for Christ" as a starting point. He also has another one, I think called "Case for Creation", but I haven't read it.
    heather.ariyeh said...
    Markus, please see my new post on Biblical prophecy. I am hoping we can go through some prophecies one by one and examine them.

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online