Thursday, November 09, 2006

House Fire Destroys Home

I received a short email from our Sunday School teacher, who is also a local attorney. It said that one of the court clerk's house burned down yesterday, November 8th, 2006. She lost everything - clothes, furniture, dishes, etc. She does not have insurance. I believe that our class is going to give a sizeable donation to help get her back on her feet.

Our class has what we call a Judgement Jar. After our study on The Recovering Pharisee, we decided to keep track of the judgements we make on others. Every Sunday morning we pay a nickel for every harsh judgement that we make against others. We have given some money to various projects and causes, including a family that was adversely affected by Hurricane Katrina. I know that we currently have several hundred dollars in the jar. We may have more, because one member sent an email saying he owes a sizeable amount after the elections. Yes, we are a judgemental bunch.

I don't have more details yet on exactly what happened, but will post updates as they become available. I would expect there to be a news article or two that I can link to.

When I have a chance, I am going to pull all ads from this blog, and have a paypal link to make donations for the court clerk. I will personally keep track of donations and place the money in our judgement jar. Please consider a small donation to help in a time of need.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online