Saturday, September 16, 2006

Prayer Requests

I have a couple of prayer requests. First, we found out last week that we are having a boy. The due date is Feb 7th. My little sister is also expecting, we found out about it last week. Keep both of our families in your prayers.
Also, plans are in the making for a new Sunday School class at Wesley for those around college age. I was asked to begin to make some plans to lead the class, which would involve me leaving the current class, which I really look forward to each week. I have never taught before, only filled in a couple of times, and I was really nervous then. I really do feel like I need to be teaching, so this will be a great opportunity for me to leave my comfort zone.
Sorry for the delay in posts. I will be travelling the next two weeks straight (home on the weekends) so I should have time to update more often, if I get internet access at the hotel.

2 Comments:

  1. Sue said...
    Congratulations Brett, and Lori and Carson! Glad I went to your blog just now to read your thoughts. I am elated that you will be starting a college-age class. Sounds like the challenge will not be on your preparation and abilities, but rather, to get young people up and around. In the past, they really slept in. You might be able to still go to your class, and meet for class with young people at noon someplace. The "Sandwich-school class." Please try your ideas, first!

    Congrats again, truly.
    Sue Dyke
    Lorna said...
    congrats!

    I'm starting a cell group for intl students next Tuesday.Out of my comfort zone too - we'll look at the creed and find out multi-culturally what we really do believe. Be blessed!!

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online