Monday, August 07, 2006

Forgive Me

I prepare and run the projectors during Sunday Morning Worship. The Prelude this week was a song call "Forgive Me." I did my usual google image search for "Forgive Me" and found a Mel Gibson photo that I began to prepare.



I normally do a quick run through of the slides while the worship team is practicing, just to make sure I am in synch with them. I thought about putting it up while they were practicing, but we had a men's quartet made up of members of different area churches that led the music on Sunday. I didn't know how well received that would have been. My better judgement finally got the better, and I used a generic background.


The pastor saw, and said about half of the congregation would think it was hilarious and the other half would be deeply offended. Which half are you?

3 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Why would half the congregation be offended? Does your church have jewish members?
    Brett said...
    I thought the same thing when the pastor said that, but didn't verbalize it. I thought about putting that in my post, but didn't want to offend anyone. If I just did, I'm sorry.
    John said...
    It is so hard to have patience with the humorless.

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online