Tuesday, May 30, 2006

One in the Oven


We found out on Saturday that my wife is pregnant. We have been trying for a long time, so this was welcome news. We found out in an unusual way. We were at the lake over the Memorial Day Weekend and pulled the boat up to the beach. My wife jumped out and landed awkwardly on her knee. We drove back home to go to the ER on Saturday. She knew there was a small chance she was pregnant, but there have been many disappointing months in the past. The doctor came in and said the good new is that she was pregnant, the bad new was the they won't do an x-ray.


She just finished her last day of teaching on Friday, and hurt her knee on Saturday morning. She is home and in good spirits, however. I am driving her to the doctor this morning for her first visit, and sometime this week we will have an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon. She can't put any weight on her knee, and is getting around (sort of) with crutches. She will have her hands full while I am at work trying to take care of our six year old son.


I would like to ask for your prayers. We of course want a healthy baby and safe delivery. We also need my wife's knee to heal quickly so she can get around. Hopefully she won't need surgery. My work schedule is also brutal until the second half of June, so it will be difficult for me to take much time off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online