Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The Hardest Advice to Take

We got some potentially bad news yesterday concerning our baby. My wife's bloodwork came back, and it has low hcg and progesterone levels. We will go back tomorrow for additional tests and will hopefully have more information. She is only 4 1/2 weeks along, so it is still very early.


As I stated in my last post we have been trying for some time, so this would just be one more harder slap in the face if things go wrong.


I am immediately reminded of a comment I made in Sunday School two weeks ago, and also commented on here. I wrote that when all was well, and now I must remind myself about it's truth. I asked the class to remind me of what I said when things get bad for me. Nobody needs to remind me. Trust me I remember. Do I really believe and live my life by grace, or do I think I somehow deserve better? This could definitely show me. There is also much truth in the statement "sometimes the hardest advice to take is your own."


James 1:2-4

Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online