Thursday, April 13, 2006

A Miracle Defined

In order to understand the miracles of the Bible, it is necessary to come up with a proper definition of what a miracle is. Some think that a baby being born is a miracle. Some say any answer to prayer is a miracle. Some say that a person being “born again” or “saved” is a miracle. Some say that a person being healed of cancer is a miracle. While these are marvelous things (and God should get all of the credit), they are not miracles in the Biblical sense because they happen every day. For my future posts on miracles, this will be my definition. A miracle is an extraordinary event performed by God that goes against nature and can be physically observed.


Note: I love studying Scripture and enjoy doctrine and theology, but I am a layman. I owe a lot of what I know to R.C. Sproul, and most of my thoughts I post on miracles are thoughts I learned from him.


For further study:
MP3: Foundations: Are Miracles for Today? by R.C. Sproul
MP3: The Miracles of Jesus by R.C. Sproul


My Other Posts on Miracles:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online