Friday, April 21, 2006

The Da Vinci Hoax

I do seek the truth, and I believe the truth about Christ is found in the New Testament, and not in the Gnostic Gospels.


I've tried to stay away from the topic, but I overheard some people at work talking about the Da Vinci Code, and they were speaking as if it were true. Dan Brown is an author, and his work is a work of fiction. It should be viewed as such. It's fantasy. I've heard the movie is particularly deceptive, and it begins with the words "seek the truth."


I do seek the truth, and I believe the truth about Christ is found in the New Testament, and not in the Gnostic Gospels. I do seek the truth, and I do not believe that the New Testament teaches the Jesus and Mary had a relationship. I do seek the truth, and I do not believe that the New Testament teaches that Jesus fathered a child or children.


I haven't decided if I'll watch the movie or not. I did read the book. It goes so far beyond what the New Testament teaches, that I think it is blatant heresy.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online