Monday, October 31, 2005

Beth Stroud Update

This is what happens when culture dictates church policy and principles instead of the Bible.


Today, the United Methodist Judicial Council reversed an appeals committee ruling regarding Beth Stroud. Beth is a United Methodist minister who openly admitted that she is in a committed relationship with another woman. Beth Stroud will not be able to keep her ordination. You can see the ruling and the facts behind the case here.


Most conservatives will see this as a major victory, while liberals are no doubt outraged. I only see the debate becoming more heated, and I do agree with Dean that in 20 years this ruling will look foolish. I don’t agree that it is a good thing. This is what happens when culture dictates church policy and principles instead of the Bible.


I don’t mean any disrespect to Beth. In fact I have read many good things about her, but I think that she is misguided on this issue. I ask that all comments be free of personal attacks. All christians are sinners saved by the grace of God, and everyone should keep that in the front of their minds before saying mean and hurtful things.

1 Comment:

  1. John said...
    I ask that all comments be free of personal attacks.

    It would appear that your request has been heeded!

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online