Thursday, September 15, 2005

Hearts on Fire Conference

I am amazed at the lack of attention that this received. I never heard it mentioned at my church, and I stumbled across it pretty much by accident.

I want to bring up an issue that got some publicity over the web, but not near the attention that it deserved. I just about ignored it, but there are readers here that may not be aware of what went on.
Over Labor Day Weekend, the United Methodist Lake Junaluska Conference Center hosted a conference called Hearts on Fire. It was put on by the Reconciling Ministries Network (RMN), which according to the mission statement on their website

is a national grassroots organization that exists to enable full participation of people of all sexual orientations and gender identities in the life of the United Methodist Church, both in policy and practice.


I am amazed at the lack of attention that this received. I never heard it mentioned at my church, and I stumbled across it pretty much by accident. I stumbled across another issue that I think needs some attention, but that’s going to be a later post.


Do you think it was appropriate for the Methodist Conference Center to host such an event? I think it is a sign on the times, and I for one don’t like the direction the church is going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online