Thursday, September 22, 2005

An Eternal Perspective

We need to strive to look upon life through an eternal perspective.


Sometimes we need a little help and guidance seeing the big picture. A few days ago at work, I was torn between two projects. I had two co workers that both had “emergencies” that needed my immediate attention. I told the second co worker that it would have to wait until I finished my first project. Feeling the pressure, the coworker went to one of the partners in the firm. When I got called in, I explained the situation, and all was well. I actually felt better after the conversation, because she saw the big picture and how these two critical projects needed to be handled and delegated. All that I was able to see were two projects and two co workers that needed immediate help.


We need to strive to look upon life through an eternal perspective. Yes, I was impressed that the partner could see the big picture, but as I thought about it, that’s not the big picture at all. Think of how small a picture this is as compared to eternity. It is an insignificant speck. Our jobs, our families, and our lives will all come to pass. What really counts is our relationship with Christ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online